The end is nigh

Cancer

Soldiers are looking to erupt in a divided cell
As ants multiply repeatedly.
Nelson sends his solution of King Richard’s white roses.
The soldiers withdraw to the trenches
As lava erupts within Jupiter’s spot.
I noticed a lump on my breast.
I contemplate the unforgivable As I search for a diagnosis.
The news is devastating as I panic inside my pandemic.
I am frightened as the answer is Chernobyl.
I ride the tsunami as I weaken.
My belief is fleeting;
I gasp, “My number’s up.”
6 months of cave climbing
And I ask the question “God, why me?
What did I do to deserve this?”
I search for meaning and reason,
I’m angry and bitter,
I cannot forgive myself.
Could I have spotted it earlier?
I lose hope; I'm slowly drowning in an endless war
And I know I will not beat this one.
Every taken minute is a gift,
I know I’ll be just another statistic.
My loved ones are my rallying strength.
I wait in my submarine and look out into the distance
To be delivered to the inevitable staircase of life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A August morning

The black bullet

The key