For one moment

Sweet Lady Liberty of power, With such majesty and belief
Of Madonna like a prayer
With white surrender,
Marilyn of beauty;
And Mother Teresa’s gift of
rose petals of Cleopatra
And Celine Dion’s Titanic;
The tragedy of Whitney Houston’s voice everlasting;
Secret whispers of diamond Diana’s surrender
And Olivia Newton-John’s summer dreams with Gracie Fields we forgive you.
The forgotten Martin Luther King’s freedom
And the imprisonment of Nelson Mandela.
Bonnie and Clyde gung-ho attitude and.
No surrender Winston Churchill;
With Last Post for the forgotten soldier.  Who Love of my Life by Freddie Mercury
And Gene Pitney Something’s Gotten Hold of my Heart
Angels of Robbie Williams’ and heartbreaker of Dolly Parton
And love me tender Elvis Presley
With genius Mozart’s composing and Shakespeare’s insanity
For the life of a tigerlily and ever-living orchid.
And the bees’ gift of life
As Gary Barlow’s plays million love songs later.
I bleed deeper with one such thorny red rose of romance for the other;
I whisper for a touch of one’s lips
As I stare into one’s eyes for that twinkle.
A million words I’m saying.
As I sing hello, I shall be your shadow
And we walk down the beach alone,
Our feet in frothing water,
We ride waves of passionate love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A August morning

The black bullet

The key