The bus ride ride home

On the number 13 bus we go unlucky for some, I hear you say.
There's a young woman on the bus facing me in her wheelchair.
Her head nods side to side with a sparkle in her eyes and a smile of joy in her own little disco world.
Every now and then she screams out in fun!
She's having the time of her life as her carer stands by her side.
I look around at the faceless plastic dolls on their phones in their own virtual reality.
As I peer out the window of the dark world outside, in my fluorescent-lit bubble, the carer and the young woman are holding hands.
No words are said as time stands still for a moment of human love, caring and pure joy.
The moral of this is every moment is precious in time. So let yourself go with such joy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A August morning

The black bullet

The key