Rape

The day the bubble burst


A breeze awoke the trees

like magic. 

Clouds danced - a summer madness.

All but a whisper, midnight in a bathroom

Lights flicker.

A glass crashes to the floor.

Footsteps of a stranger...

I shout, “Is anyone there?”

As if there would be an answer. 

I creep down the stairs, naked. 

And flick the light on 

A man in a balaclava with a 12-inch blade in his hand. 

I stare into his eyes as he pushes me to the floor. 

Rape, rape, rape. 

No words said; just get it over with. 

It feels like forever. 

He leaves; I curl up into a ball and cry.

I want my mother. 

I pick up the phone and call the police. 

I feel dirty, as I scrub and wash 

To get rid of the memory. 

My life will never be the same again. 

Forever scared of men,

How will I sleep at night?

The sentence is mine

For being a woman.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A August morning

The black bullet

The key