The monster in side me

There is a place of hope

On a forgotten battlefield. 

The young draw their knives;

Slash, cut of blood

In a gang feud. 

As we cuddle our children 

A black bag lies -

A meaningless gift of life

On a sidewalk of graffiti. 

No menace, no tears

An arrow with a stare. 

The feud is pointless.

A shriek wipes the drum beat;

A hum. 

The black raven crows,

The chapel bell chimes;

The Grim Reaper knocks as we sleep.

Death demands my eyes. 

The judge says “Guilty”

For I sin; even Satan fears me. 

“I shall use you as I please 

Down on your knees, whore!

Worship my feet,

I am the beast.

You shall eat me for dinner. 

I am the Master!

Hate, hate, hate me!

The pain....

Hurt me, bitch!”

As I bite and scratch 

I pull your hair;

With fire I lust for the orgy;

This meat on a plate. 

The snake spits;

Your fury is my wrath! 

I lie, this debt is mine

Of adultery. 

I am the cheat. 

White chalk for our children.

The chair rocks as I hang.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A August morning

The black bullet

The key